Some of the best things in life are free. Like WordPress. Together with simplicity in use and a robust library at hand, that’s a magic combination. Even though some may argue it is not quick enough or good enough, these stats will blow your mind as to why it’s not really the case. So, without much ado, let’s look at what 2019 is like for the World’s most popular CMS!
WordPress Stats to blow your mind
- 26.4 % of the world web in 2019 is powered by WordPress, which is a 4% rise from the previous year.
- WordPress.org is used by around 69 million websites.
- It’s home aka hosting to over 37 million websites
- 60.7% content management systems in websites (CMS) in 2019 rely on WordPress. For comparison, Joomla, the second most popular CMS in the world can boast just a fraction of that number- 5.7%.
- WordPress.com gets 144 million UMVs.
- Many popular websites, like TechCrunch, The New Yorker, People, Variety, and TED are run on WordPress.
- WordPress.org offers more than 50,000 plugins
- WordPress is available in 57 languages.
- May 7 saw the release of WordPress’s latest version 5.2 the downloads for which peaked to 7 million in just 2 weeks.
- WordPress’s overall market share in 2019 is up by 5.6%.
- 22% of the Top 1 million sites use WooCommerce. The corresponding figure for Shopify is 18%.
- WordPress.com users create over 70 million new posts and 77 million comments every month.
- For those speaking about low security, it suffices to say that many big government and educational institution websites also use WordPress, such as America.gov, the Library of Congress, Boston University, the University of Berlin, and Cornell University.
- Going premium is iz-zy! An average WP premium theme will cost you around 30–100 USD.
- More than 90,000 attacks are made on WordPress sites every minute.
These stats are very illustrative of what the current standing for WordPress is. So those “WordPress is dying” headlines should probably make you grin. If you’re considering building your site and are in search of the right approach, drop us a line at [email protected]. We’d love to chat!