If you’re reading this post, you probably are a software developer, one of over 26 million professionals in the world niche as of today! With many more professionals freelancing or working on their own, we probably are talking 9 digit numbers soon.
The rise in the demand and interest towards this profession has been on a constant peak in recent years, and Armenia has been no exception- IT is the buzzword, the “dream” career and a rigid to-do plan of career shift for many professionals locally.
What is the future like for a software developer in Armenia and in the world? We at Novembit have tried to come up with some fun and informative stats to keep you updated!
Software development in Armenia
- There are around 800 IT companies in Armenia. We know that Novembit is just one in 800, but then again, it isn’t! But more on that later!
- There are over 19500 software developers in Armenia.
- In Armenia, The IT industry’s total revenue, which consists of the Software and Services sector and the Internet Service Provider sector, reached about 1 billion USD in 2018, a staggering amount for the Armenian economy.
- About 80 percent of Armenia’s IT companies are based in Yerevan
- 15% of the IT workforce in Armenia are students.
- 70% of IT professionals in Armenia are male.
- The average salary for a Junior developer is around 300–400 USD.
- A senior developer can earn a salary of 2000 USD and as high as 3500 USD.
- Only 3.9 % of IT companies in Armenia employ 100 or more employees!
- Compared to last year, IT grew by 30% in 2018.
It seems the future for the software developer reading this article is pretty prosperous.
Here are some projections regarding the growth of IT in Armenia:
- By 2025, the number of Software developers in Armenia is projected to reach 30000.
- It is projected that the growth stats per year are going to fluctuate between 20–25%.
- The salaries of IT professionals will continue to increase.
How do we fit in?
As a company that’s been sailing in the niche for close to a decade, we’re happy to witness even more growth. At Novembit, we follow the rapid change in the sector and try to be on top of it- whether it’s about ensuring proper training, competitive salaries or a benefit pack to make up your mind.