A well established UK-based company with millions in sales sought to optmize and improve the brand website for international outreach. The complex multi-layered platform with multiple integrations, incuding WooCommerce, WordPress, separate CMS, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, custom ‘distributor’ plugin, CRM, ect., was already worked on by different developer and faced various complex issues the time we got engaged. Working in close collaboration with the international team, we managed to determine issues, overcome challenges and learn extensively about various components of international e-commerce from both business and technical points.
The solutions and results:
Notable aspects of the project included maintaining the performance with many 1000s of products with 13-16 variation each, wholesale and retail pricing options and quantity-discount tables for each variation, as well as 1500+ metas and attributes; multiple payment and shipping options based on location, as well as advanced CRM and marketing tools.
Here are some of the most challenging parts we have worked on within the project
- Complex data structure
- Localization globally
- Compliance (legal constraints for different ingridients/products per country)
- Dynamic data feeds
- Custom translation framework with WYSIWYG editor and AI automation
- Customizing and maintaining 100s of plugins for functionality and performance
- Advanced shipping options, packaging, delivery and shipping estimates, payments and pricing logic per role, location, and other factors.
- Wholesale mode
- Profiling, resolving conflicts, and bug fixing
- Advanced site search and autocomplete implementation
- Back end/admin side optimisation
- Advanced analytics and tracking
- Marketing tools and automations, including multiple abandoned cart and similar mailing setup, points and store credits, gamification, Affiliate system, referral system, Campain Monitor, Mailpoet, and other integration.
- Complex forms with conditional logic